With this kit the following Bionic Robots can be build:
- Chameleon gripper
- Elephant's trunk with Fin Ray Effect®
Move robots effortlessly
All animal robots are actuated by servo motors and controlled by an Arduino-compatible microcontroller. The movements are controlled either via a cell phone with a Bluetooth connection or via a mobile terminal or PC. No programming skills are required.
The students are guided through the work steps with appropriate teaching materials. The contents are intended to help students during assembly and programming and provide the teachers with background material on biological information and training methods.
Three animal robots in a single construction kit
Three models can be built using a single construction kit and each project can be taken apart again into its individual components.
Up to four students can work together on a construction kit at the same time.
The case contains all the necessary basic equipment and interface elements, including small servo motors, compatible electronic and mechanical components (e.g. using a 3D printer) or polymer parts such as Fin Ray® structures.
Working with the Bionics Kit develops the following competencies:
- Practical working
- Interdisciplinary working
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Support in competent handling of digital media
- Innovative capability by raising enthusiasm for inspiring innovations
- Bionic working
- Curriculum-relevant development of decision-making skills
- Tried and tested teaching concept
- Comprehensive teaching materials
- Easy to use during teaching
- Application of a comprehensive, integrated teaching and learning approach: a combination of face-to-face teaching and e-learning
- Use of new technologies: 3D printing